Wednesday, August 13, 2008

August 13


Today the Haglund's invited us over for a CrossFit total day! Of course we couldn't refuse. We set up the 'slow down' sign, because us kids were at play :)

We started with squats which felt great today. I ended up with a 145 pound back squat which felt awesome!! I tried 150 and failed but I want to try it again :) (145 was a PR but I have only achieved it once before)

Next was strict press. Such a weird movement. I don't like strict press because I don't have the strongest shoulders. I ended up getting 70 pounds easily, but failed at 75! Weird eh? It's amazing what 5 pounds can do.

Then deadlifts. Oh man this one made me mad. My deadlift PR I got at the CrossFit Langley Challenge was 245 lbs, but I don't know how I did it! I managed to squeeze out a 210 today but my technique was horrible. I have to work on my heavy lifting some more.

So my total was 425. Not bad, but I am going to kill that score next time. Jeff and his wife Ruthanne took a bunch of pictures with their sweet camera. Check out his blog for some pictures, I think he's posting them tomorrow. I might steal a couple for my blog ;)

Thanks Sterling and Michelle for having us over and letting us hang out with your girls as well :)


3 comments:

Jill said...

that sounds like FUN! next time call me and i`ll go too k?
yout total is awesome, way to go girl!

Jen D said...

Hey girl... missed ya at yesterday's class. Looks like you had a good time though with the Haglund's. Hope to see ya soon!!

Anonymous said...

Great job Leanna. You're totally getting stronger. Really impressive to see what you can lift...damn girl, you're strong for a 16 yr old. I'm scared to think of how strong you'll be in 10 yrs. Good job!