Thursday, August 21, 2008

August 21

Bear Complex

65-75-80-95-85

This one kicked my ass!!! My mind wasn't into strength training today so it was a mental battle as well as a physical one. Before the 95lb round, I went up to coach and said ' I have a problem, I'm reallly not feeling this' so he coached me through it which totally helped me out. The only shitty thing was I had to put down the bar between reps to let my body rest and I couldn't push jerk it from behind my neck for some strange reason. So after the 95 i went down to 85 which was still hard but I didn't have to break before i did my deadlift and I could get the last push jerk all the way up.

When I lowered the bar to the back of my neck from the push jerk, I discovered I had a bruise there from the situps yesterday! Man do we ever get beat up in weird places. I think CrossFit has made me aware of muscles I didn't know I had (by making them sore of course) :P I think tomorrow my neck is going to be bruised from the cleans, that'll be a nice look to go out with haha a nice conversation starter.

I worked with Chad today and man is he getting strong. It's kinda depressing. I used to be able to keep up with him! He did 110 today! He had to take breaks before the deadlift but 110 is pretty damn heavy!

Anyways, I can hear the rower singing and mom grunting away so I think I'll go see what the rest of the weirdo's are doin. Good night!! :)

4 comments:

Hollie said...

How can your head not be into strength training my dear. I love the bear. You did great today as usual!! Thanks MC for helping my little girl:)

Jen D said...

Good for you in winning the mental battle!!! Its tough sometimes eh... That was the first time i tried this complex.. its not as easy as it looks!

Surrey Sterling said...

Still got that rower in the liv'in room? Thats great, wait till the rack arrives you can squat while watching tv!

Leanna said...

Thanks guys :)

and funny you should say that Sterling, we have the dipping station set up right beside the rower now. No TV though, too many commercials