Wednesday, August 20, 2008

August 20

The last few days I have been feeling totally run down, tired and just weak all round. I am eating well, so I figure it has to be because I have been getting to bed late and my sleeps lately have been really shitty. I missed yesterdays workout, which I thought my body might thank me for by allowing me to freakin sleep, but NO.

Today we saw the wod and were freeked out. I haven't rowed that much in a while. I miss the box and all the crossfitters that go with it. I wanted to go to class but mom was going to Chad's practice and we always have fun hanging out and drinking our .. zoned starbucks :)

So after we got home from the rainy, gross practice, I thought 'fuck what my body feels, since when do I listen to my body? If I listened to it, I would never finish a crossfit workout!' also I got in a lot of shit from a few of you guys for missing yesterday so i didn't want to dissapoint you :P haha thanks for weirdly motivating me :) so anyways, I put on my favorite pair of shorts and hopped on our new rower. Mom and I pumped out Coach Clarke's bad ass wod.


500m row

50-ab mat weighted situps 25lb DB held behind the neck feet anchored
500m row
50- K2E
500m row
50-ab mat weighted situps 25lb DB held behind the neck feet anchored
500m row
50-K2E

we subbed leg throw downs for KTE's because we don't have a bar just yet. I know that KTE's are way harder and those leg things felt like they were against crossfit morales and just plain retarded. We didn't know what else to do though but we did get full ROM!

I used a 25lb DB behind my head for situps and mom did 25 on her chest.
My time: 31.00 Mom's : about 30.00

I had some timing difficulties with her, it's hard to time when your still fucked up from your workout!

I feel quite a bit better after doing the workout, more strong and healthy, even though the row's were hell. I made a LOT of noise during that wod. My poor puppy didn't know what the hell was going on! Rower+Me=scared pup .

Oh and I did my 29 burpee's!

( I know this post is all over the place and probably confusing, but I'm getting tired and am still a bit fucked up from the wod, please bare with me) :)

Here's some pictures:


Mom said that this picture is for you DC!!! For putting us through that damn wod!





hehehe

11 comments:

Jill said...

love the shorts! you girls are looking good! that weorkout messed me up too but it was fun. you tell your mom that putting the weight in front isnt the same as behind the head, not even close! and leg throw downs.... paugh! you guys make me laugh :)
see you later skater.

Leanna said...

haha I have told her, dont worry :) and I know I feel kinda ashamed about those stupid things. It was moms idea, I swear. I was gunna do V situps or wutever they're called! :P

Coach Clarke said...

Great job ladies, way to get er done, did you do the WOD with those fury things on your feet? Hope you feel better soon LD miss you @ the box.

Anonymous said...

Nice work ladies! Rower in the living room...I remember those days when we got our rower. Kind a like a little kid with their new bike. Just need it close by so you can look at it! :) Get your ass in the box!

Jen D said...

Good work ladies!!! Glad to see you arn't slacking to much :-P
Hope to see you tonight at the box... we miss you!!!

Farrah said...

Please do tell - zoned Starbucks??
Hopefully I'll see you tonight?!

Leanna said...

Thanks guys, I'll be there tonight for sure!! Farrah the starbucks isn't really zoned, we try to get it zone friendly but the sugar screws it up. and, ya coach i did it with the furry things on my feet :P They weren't bad actually

Brandt Linkowski said...

You had me at Zoned Starbucks.

Farrah said...

I love starbucks Zoned or not Zoned..my favorite is an Americano with 1-2 inches of steamed soy and a splenda...DELICIOUS :)

Leanna said...

Yum Farrah!! That sounds good! Americano's are a favourite of mine and mom. Is that drink zoned ?

Farrah said...

I don't know...I hope?! haha...maybe Brandt should have a say in that one; seeing he is the guru of zoning the forbidden foods...