Thursday, August 14, 2008

August 14

Burpee's- 23

Mom had to miss the class today because of Chad's soccer so she did the .com wod at Newland's. Knowing how much it sucks doing CrossFit alone, I decided to join in on the fun.


Three rounds for time of:
50 Jump rope, double unders
50 Hip Extensions
50 GHD Sit-ups

The DU's were nice and fast, on my first set I actually finished the 50 in just under a minute :) It was shitty cuz the GHD was upstairs where the ground sucked, so we had to walk downstairs and down the hall a bit to do our DU's. It cost us some time but it was a nice break I must admit.

My time was about 28:00 (about means I don't know the seconds and I don't feel like finding the journal to find out) :). The Hip extensions were the hardest but the situps were a close second. I broke the extensions into sets of 20-15-15 which helped a lot, although between the sets i had to actually get off the machine completely because my legs were so sore (I guess because of the lactic acid building up). So that took a bit of time. The Situps I tried to do sets of 10, but did some 5's near the end.

During my second round I asked mom if she could get me a bucket in case I met our favourite crossfit mascot, Mr Pukie . She found a box filled with a bunch of bs. She dumped the stuff on the ground and we both did the workout with that big blue bucket right beside us, just in case. We tried to keep our sweat and our bucket on 'our side' and our swearing quiet and to a minimum so we didn't disturb the girl doing yoga beside us.

Things I hate about globo gyms - ppl who read magazine's while working out, the music, people doing bech press with their feet litterally in the air, funny looks we get.

Next time I'm wearing my, 'train to not suck at life' shirt.


Later that day, I went to the box for some lifting!
Overhead squats, my favourite
5x 65lbs 5x 75lbs 5x 80lbs 4x 85lbs 5x 85lbs

I think I could of done 90 pounds but I decided to make sure I could get 5 reps of 85 instead. I got to work with Michelle on this one which is so fun.

I stayed for the second class as well and got to watch Jenn Deacon get the OHS technique down. More importantly though, I made her tear her hands up doing pullups so she looks like a bad ass- or as Dane Cook likes to call 'em- a BAMF. Check out Jenn's new blog here!
(feel free to leave a comment as well, I know she loves them hehe)

It was a fun day but I'm freakin tired now. Have a nice rest day tomorrow everyone :) I know I will!

2 comments:

Jen D said...

Your hilarious my dear... And yes my hands are sore but i've almost got those darn pullups!!! Sooooo Close.....
Dont forget your burpee's today!!!!

Jamie said...

2 wods in one day, nice. good job on the total too.