Wednesday, August 27, 2008

August 27

Part 1
OHS with 45lb bar: First the minute do 1 rep the second minute do 2 reps and so on until you cannot complete the required reps in the minute. Maximum time is 20 minutes your total score is number of reps.
Part 2
Weighted pullups 3-3-3-3-3
Take your total weight for each round and add it up. Ist round you did 3 reps of 25lbs your sore is 75. If your chin does not go over the bar or you do not get full extension in the bottom postion then it does not count. If you only complete 2 reps then you are done for that round so choose your weight wisely. If you cannot do a weighted pullups but can do 1 pullup then your score for the 1st round may only equate to 3 reps total. Another words you did 3 single pullups
Take your score from part 1 and score from part 2 to give you a total to see who will be top male and top female.

OHS= 15 rounds
Pullups= 25x3, 25x3, 25x3, 25x3 and 30x 2 on the (kipping) pullups. 

The last rep with the 30's, the weight slipped! I think I could have got it though.. the first two my chin cleared the bar no problem.

Tonight was an AWESOME night at the gym!!
I want to congratulate Larry and Chad for getting their first MUSCLE UPS!!! 
Also, I want to say how proud I am of Jen Deacon (aka deacs ;) ) for getting her first pullup! All those blisters payed off! :)

Last thing, I have to put my burpee challenge on hold.. I am getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow. Not looking forward to that one. Anyways, I'm taking the easy way out and instead of making up all the burpee's I missed, I'm just gunna start at 37 when I'm feeling better. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job tonight chicky! Good luck tomorrow. Be strong...remember it's only pain. OK, well pain without the sweet vitory of a killer WOD. Look, just suck it up BUTTERCUP! Just kiddin, I'll be thinking of you. Tell Chad he needs to pamper his big sis all weekend! :)

Leanna said...

Thanks Michelle, you did great as well! I will just suck it up tomorrow, haha crossfit has got me used to a lil pain :P

Hollie said...

Nice job on your pull ups and OHS lady, you rocked it. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, oh yeay, I'll be with you:) Don't worry, you know how I love to pamper. Maybe we can talk grams into some making us some comfort food:)

Jen D said...

Thanks Leanna.... its kinda nice to know i'm getting somewhere with these darn pullups! It felt like I was never going to get one!

Jen D said...

Good luck with the teeth... thinking of ya!