Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Late night Grace

At about 11:00 last night, we convinced my aunt and uncle to do a modified grace. My uncle Jay is a great athlete so we tried to get him to do it RX'd, but we didn't' want him to hurt himself because he has never done clean and jerks before. He did 115lbs 30x and his time was 5:57.

My auntie Karen is so sweet. She is a teacher and isn't a big sports nut. She wanted to do 45 but we convinced her to do 60. Her time was 7:04. The cleans were easy for her, just the push press was tough.

It was so fun to watch! Both their technique were awesome, especially for the first time weightlifting!

After they were done, they said it SUCKED but it felt good now that it is over. Sounds about right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh man, bummed we left and missed that! :) I love how people see the weights sitting there and eventually just can't say no...:)

Leanna said...

haha I know!! I said to the family, Man Sterling and Michelle are gunna be pissed they missed this. We will have to have them over again next time :)