Monday, August 25, 2008

August 25


Today's class looked like fun, I love partner workouts and wallballs are a weakness of mine. Although we always hate our weaknesses, working on our weaknesses is a big part of crossfit and will get us stronger WAY faster! Unfortunately we got tied up and couldn't get to the gym in time. We ended up doing a wod at about 8:00 at night. The WOD is called MURPH!

Murph:
1 mile run
100 pullups
200 pushups
300 squats
1 mile run

Time's Dad: 42:41 Leanna: 50: 41 Mom: 52:07

I split it up into 20 rounds of 5 pullups, 10 pushups and 15 squats. We measured out the mile in mums (injured) car before the workout and the runs felt surprisingly good today. The squats and pullups felt great but the pushups were brutal!! I kept thinking 'keep moving ' on the pullups and squats because I knew my time would suffer on those pushups. I kept moving the whole time, No breaks besides putting my knee's down during the pushups. My mind was definately in the dark place during this one.

I am amazed how I can get myself into that state of mind. It's like I just hate everything. I feel like a total bitch during wod's and it seems like that's the only way I can get through them. That's not weird is it? It's funny, my mind feels like its full of fuzz during wods (especially this one) and the only thing I can think and actually focus on is *blank* more, Only *blank* more reps. I try and trick myself into thinking it's gunna be easier than it really is. for example 10 pushups = 1 set of 4, 2 sets of three. haha sad eh.

This workout felt great ( well now it feels great, not so much during) and it was good to sweat out all the carbs I ate and drank on Saturday. I hadn't done a WOD since Saturday morning and it felt good to get my CrossFit high again. I'm nice and relaxed now, feeling good again.

I have to say, I like this workout 50 x more than Fran. Although it takes about 5 times as long for me, I cannot STAND those thrusters! (which is why I am pissed I missed out on wallball today)

OK, off to do 67 burpee's.

3 comments:

Jen D said...

Good Work Girl!!!!

Leanna said...

thank you :) hey, i thought you weren't talking to me haha

Jen D said...

Well according to my rules... I'm allowed to give in every once and a while!!! :-P