Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Vaca So Far

Hey!! Right now we are in Union City, we are leaving for Six Flags in a few minutes, checkout is at noon and it is 11:30 so I have lots of time to post :) 

The Cert this weekend was amazing, like I said before. All the coaches were awesome. There were a lot of lectures which I usually find boring as hell but these ones were sweet. Everyone seemed so genuine and you could see how everyone just loves CrossFit. It was cool because everyone seemed to get along great, we all have  a big part of our lives in common so everyone just clicked. We practiced a lot of skills like medicine ball cleans and deadlift technique, push press,   and pretty much everything else you can think of. By the end of the day, everyone's lower backs were sore from focusing and over-emphasizeing their technique. Dad and I were saying it was so cool to see another CrossFit gym and see how many people really are into crossfit. We've never seen so many people in one place that even knew what crossfit was!

We did Bottom to Bottom Tabata squats the first day. That is 20 seconds of squats and 10 seconds 'resting' at the bottom position of the squats. I hated that rest, I almost wanted to just keep squatting. The score is your lowest rep which I should of thought about a bit better as I got 20 squats the first round, then 18 then 10 10 10 ect .. my lowest round was 7. Now I know for next time,  strategize. 

Later that day we did Fran. This was so not fun. Seriously it sucked. It was fun watching everyone else and watching the coaches coach. They were so cool. Everyone did great. I was feeling it though. I could make a bunch of excuses up like lack of sleep, lack of food, crappy food the night before ect but I'm pretty sure it's just in my head. I wanna try Fran again. I know I can do it.. I just doubt myself sometimes and then  I SUCK :P

The next day was filled with lectures and then FGB.  5 1 minute rounds of push press, box jumps, row for calories, wall ball, sumo deadlift high pull  then a rest. repeat that 3 rounds. It was weird with the rest in there, I've never felt a minute go by that fast. My score was just under 200, I can't remember the exact score.  

The next day we drove allll day to Santa Cruz! It was a 7 hour drive but it was so worth it. It was awesome seeing all the Santa Cruz signs, it almost seemed like it was some made up place that only existed on the internet.

The next day, Tuesday, We went to CrossFit Santa Cruz Central and we met ANNIE! She was such a sweetheart, exactly how she acts in her video's. She is so cute and so pregnant! She carried that baby like nothing though. She is so strong it is just awesome. You can see all the muscles in her legs as she walks, soo cool. She made us do 400 m of lunges. Holy mother that was hard. Our legs were already sore from the cert so it was definitely tough. I have no idea what our times were, chad's blog has them i'm sure.  

It was so funny after the workout Rob Miller pulled up in his car. Mom's like OMG Leanna! There's Rob! omg he's coming in hahaha We were so happy to meet him, it was like meeting celebrities. He was awesome as well, such a nice guy. We got pictures with both Rob and Annie. Everyone training at the gym was really nice as well. We asked if they had shirts and unfortunately the didn't but one man actually took off the CFSCS shirt he was wearing and gave it to dad! What a nice guy eh? (oh ya we've been called on about saying eh too many times  down here, it's almost embarrassing, also they call pop soda! who says soda? really..   not that we're drinking pop or anything.. )   :)

Later that day we drove to San Fransisco. It was about a two hour drive at the most. I had a sweet book so the drive went by fast. San Fransisco was ... interesting. Lots of bums and stuff downtown. Mom and I had to pee so bad and someone was shooting up in the mc Donalds toilet so we ran to the fancy restaurant across the street. Mom said to the host, 'excuse me, we really need to use the bathroom and the McDonalds bathrooms are both being cleaned can we please use yours?"  the guy gave us a look like he wasn't going to let us so I said 'If i don't pee I'm actually gunna start crying" so he let us :) Nice little mexican.

Then we went across golden gate bridge, saw alkatraz and went for dinner at the fishermans wharf. The restaurant was very fancy and I don't know about my family but I felt a little out of place in my lululemon shorts, tank top and hat :P

And that brings us to today. It is only 12:07 and it has already been a blast. We went to One World and saw FREDDY C!! I said everyone so far has been awesome, but man Freddy C was freakin cool. He was so happy and funny. We did Randy, 75 Snatches for time. Again for the times, go to chad's blog. Mom and I used 55lbs. We were there for about an hour and a half, even though the workout only lasted about 15 minutes. Freddy was crazy cool. We talked for a long time. We even saw his Freddy C action figure :) Apparently everyone plays around with it and puts it in 'funny' positions. He also told us Sevan somehow got a hold of his bussiness cards and typed 'I like men' on it. haha gotta love Sevan.

We bought a shit load of CrossFit shirts, the CFOW ones are sweet. We are off to Los Angeles now, and are going to six flags tomorrow. Man that place is just awesome. We took a LOT of pictures, can't believe mom forgot the usb cord. Chad took some pics on his phone so he'll get a few up here after we get to LA. 


The maid ladies are knocking at the door so I have to go. I was typing this all pretty quickly and I don't have time to proof read so sorry if there are a bunch of  mistakes. I'll go over it later and add pictures! 


Miss you all, Train HARD! 

6 comments:

Luc said...

Nice !!! Did you guys bring Crossfit Langley shirts with ya to exchange ? I used to do that with badges whenever we would train with other army forces or police forces. So cool !

Anonymous said...

Sounds absolutely FREAKIN AWESOME!!!! Miss you guys!

Surrey Sterling said...

Man that story gave me shivers.. what an amazing experience. Someday Shell...Someday!

Anonymous said...

Sounds just awesome!

Totally jealous.

Leanna said...

Luc, thats a sweet idea but No we didn't bring any CFL shirts that we were willing to let go of. Michelle I feel like I haven't seen you in months. I miss the crossfit langley crew like crazy! We are having fun, I have to say though, four people in one hotel room for so many days, not so fun.. I miss having my own bathroom.

Jill said...

Leanna your post ROCKS. I love hearing about the CF bonding. The universal language of CF warms my heart :)
Cant wait to see you next week. And I`m totally looking forward to your coaching and your inspiration!