Saturday, March 1, 2008

CrossFit Challenge!


 CrossFit Challenge -So much fun!!
The deadlifts were first. It was funny because I had a strategy coming into the challenge, that I was going to start off with 215 , then to 225 then to whatever I felt I could do, but once I was there, I picked up 215 easy, so I started my lifts with 225. Then, Jill and Chad were goin strong at 230 or 235 so I went with 235 which was a PR of 10 punds and then I went up to 245# which is my new PR by 20#!! Very exciting! :)

Kettlebell swings were tough, I swear those two minutes seem so much longer than two minutes. I managed to belt out 68 of those, which pissed me off cuz my brother got 69. 

Row   ugh I hate that thing! It plays with my mind! My 1000m row I got in about 3:55 . 

I ended up coming in Third. 1st was won by Fern from CrossFit Vancouver, 2nd by my brother Chad. I loved the energy in the gym today. And holy crap, it was  PR city today at CrossFit langley! LOVED IT!!

4 comments:

Mia said...

You rocked it girl I think you need to change those #'s to 215 & 225! SUPERSTAR

Chad de Boer said...

great job today bebe you amaze me sometimes ....


not often tho hehe
well i guess im going to have to go to the living room and join you mom n dad for ufc fun fun hopefully we can put up with them for two hours :P

peace OUT!!!!!!!
haha

Anonymous said...

Eh Leanna, cool blog, great way to keep track of your progress and thoughts, tell yer dad I missed him at the challange I really think he would have taken the row! Those swings were nasty though eh! I don't care if I never do that again! The swings that is!

Leanna said...

lol thanks S :) I will make sure I tell dad that you missed him. You and Chris were a pretty close match.. I can't believe you two tied on those swings! Can't wait to see you two duke it out again next challenge. And yes I could definitely go without any Kbell swings for a while.