Monday, September 8, 2008

September 8

Today was a good day. After school Jill and I ran 3k around the track. That's 7.5 laps. That was an interesting experience. I was going along nicely, had a great pace, felt awesome. then lap 5 comes along and i get a big cramp/stitch thing in my side. Oh man that hurt. So I had to walk for a little bit but and quickly forced myself to do a slow jog, cuz walkings gay. The stitch felt worse every time a foot would hit the ground. So the last two and a half laps were slowwwwww. Our time was about 18 minutes.

Thanks so much Jill for inviting me out :) that was a good workout to get me back into the swing of things.

Then I went to CrossFit Langley for an awesome wod.

Barbell complex 6 rounds:
3 - Deadlifts
3 - Hanging sqaut cleans
3 - Push press. (not push jerk) Looks like deadlift then hang squat clean and then push press and repeat 2x. No resting on the ground and try and up the load each round until you fail or complete your 6th rd.

I did 75-85-95 and then my heart started beating in both my head and my mouth. It totally sucked and I had to sit down just to try and make it go away. I ended up calling it good after that.

I did pretty shitty during the workouts but it feels awesome just to be getting exercise again.

3 comments:

Hollie said...

I thought you did awesome tonight Leanna and am proud of you for getting back into the groove. It will only take a few days for you to feel better and push through those tough spots. A stitch always sucks when you're running. I wonder why we get them. Have a good night.

Brandt Linkowski said...

Don't worry too much about struggling up the mountain again. Remember that 90% of the world is at home eating natcho chips and you are in the gym kicking ass. You'll be in top form shortly.

Leanna said...

thanks guys :) haha that strangely does make me feel better